Sunday, April 19, 2009

Street Team

Wow, I am tired!! Today was an experience!! At first Staci dropped Natalie, Alex and myself off and we started going house to house. I was so nervous at first because I did not want to bother people or feel as if we were intruding. After the first street I started to feel a little bit more at ease. We did get positive responses from people about wanting to preserving the neighborhood, the 4100 club and the impact that it has had on the community. There were a few older people in their sixties and seventies we talked with who are going to check with their children who were very involved with the club at one point. They were going to contact Professor King to order tickets. A man even donated $10 to us. That was super nice, and we were not expecting that.

At first I did not want to be there though. We were walking, and some lady yelled look at those "b***hes, their f***ing retards.....how nice. I told Natalie and Alex to keep on walking!!! Maybe next time I would feel comfortable if one of the guys went with us.

We got a few pictures and two of them are of people of the community who let us take pictures of them. Overall the experience was good. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done for this event as far as promoting in the neighborhood. I think next time we need to get a lot more fliers and go crazy with them. We also need a number to contact Professor King. We hand wrote her number on the fliers we gave out because many people were interested and wanted the $10 price, but they did not have money or wanted to talk to their family.

I had never been to the club before today and I was very impressed. I loved the back room and think there is a lot we can do with the room. I loved how the bar/dining area is covered with memorabilia that I took pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment