Thursday, July 16, 2009

JULY 16

I've spent the past two days looking over the goals for the project and researching. I also looked over many of the contact information, the history portfolio I made and past research that I had. I am looking forward to meeting with you next week so I can learn how to perform research better. There is so much that was found on Brooklyn, New York and I spent a good three hours yesterday trying to sort through all of it. I also did a basic google search on the crimes in the areas. I want to find some type of website or database that could provide me with the crime statistics for the past years. I wish I could find something that dated back to the beginning to look at how the crime has changed. I did go to Baltimore's police department website and they had a cool interactive map that showed what types of crime was performed and where. This only went back to the past 14 days though. I am wondering if I should contact them and see how to get more information. There is so much to do and I am glad that I am able to really focus on the study now. There is so much to do but I will get it done by the end of the summer. I think that once I am more clear on researching tips things might come a little easier. Next week I have some time set aside so that I can call churches in the area and also go to Enoch Pratt.
Wednesday hours- july 15th-
3 hours Jstor
Baltimore Sun 45 minutes
Thursday hours
1:40 min reading over past research
looking at area churches 35 minutes
Jstor- 40 min
Baltimroe Sun- 1 hr
Crime websites- 35 min
organizing- 30 min

Total hours for Wednesday and Thursday- 8 hours and 5 min

No comments:

Post a Comment